Settling for Rodney??

6/6/2019 5:15:16 PM
WerthRulez
6/6/2019 5:15:16 PM Report Abuse

Alright now that Kimbrel is a Cub (and obviously we were never really in the running for him), what the hell are the Nats gonna do about this bullpen? The East is still winnable since no one is running away with it, so why aren't they actively trying to fix the bullpen? Rodney? He's like 90!

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
cmiller
6/7/2019 12:28:58 PM Report Abuse

He was signed to a minor league deal so it's a low risk move. If the Nats keep winning and are realistic contenders, then you go out and make some big moves. But they need to get over .500 first. 

WerthRulez
6/7/2019 2:17:26 PM Report Abuse

It's not the fact that they signed Rodney; it's the fact that it's the ONLY move they're making to compete in the NL East when the bullpen is obviously in shambles. They're fourth in the division  and one bad losing streak from being in the cellar. They HAVE to make a move to shore up the bullpen ASAP

cmiller
6/7/2019 4:18:28 PM Report Abuse

This may sound ridiculous, but I really think that Strasburg would be the ultimate closer. I don't think he's built to be a starting pitcher long term. 

WerthRulez
6/11/2019 10:48:40 AM Report Abuse

I can't buy into that. In a neutral world, for sure. But they're paying him $36 million on average the next four seasons, so I doubt they would want that in the 'pen

brown
6/13/2019 11:00:05 AM Report Abuse

Well, Strasburg is clearly overpaid. I think longterm the closer role is probably best for him. 

WerthRulez
6/18/2019 11:57:13 AM Report Abuse

I don't see any way, shape, or form that they would move Stras to the bullpen. They get enough innings out of him as a starter when compared to how many innings most other starters pitch in the league. Relievers are replaceable enough that there's no need to tie $30 million plus in the bullpen. So who else could they possibly get? The division is starting to separate quickly.

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close